Thursday, March 13, 2008

Day 59 3/13/08 Guilty Pleasures

Today I feel guilty. I feel guilty I quit my job. I feel guilty that I don’t have a job. I feel guilty that my husband works two jobs. I feel guilty that I want him to double his income. I feel guilty for secretly not wanting a new full time job. I feel guilty for betraying myself and settling right out of college. I feel guilty for making my self feel bad. I am guilty of feeling guilty. At age 28.8 can I be so disillusioned with work that I never want to have a full time job again? At my age should I be at this crossroads? Is it healthy? Is it late, a delayed quarter life crisis? Am I being selfish for looking for something more? Should I just shut up and take the next job that comes my way. Should I turn my head and look the other way and accept complacency? Today I’m wrestling with my emotions and I don’t know which one is going to win out. I have an appointment scheduled this afternoon with a recruiter. Perhaps she can shed some light on my situation. I mean, someone has to at least.

No comments: