Monday, January 21, 2008

Day 1 12/21/07 Footloose and Fancy Free

Holy crap! I awoke this morning mulling over the festivities of yesterday's farewell Happy Hour. I wonder why they are always called Happy Hour when they clearly last far beyond an hour. We should proudly proclaim then happy hourS, because that is what they are, hours of happiness. Happiness and drunkenness, but happiness none the same. I took it easy today, feeling as if I was merely back in high school ditching class, or perhaps not feeling well and off on a sick day. At one point I thought to myself, "Oh my God, i don't have a job, what am I going to do?" That negative thought loomed for about 2 minutes when I decided to embrace it and then i thought, "Oh my God, I don't have a job, what am going to go?" as in, I can do anything I want. I've come to the realization that this was so far one of the best decisions I could make. Many people imparted words of wisdom on me before I left, with one current theme. the current theme being, go for what makes you happy, you'll land on our feet. Now, I know of the well wishes has to walk in my shoes for the next few months, but I also know that they were right. I am going to be fine. I am going to find a job. I am going to find a job that is more rewarding than what I was doing before. And, most importantly, another employer is going to be lucky to hire me. They'll need to sell their company like I'll need to sell myself. So, day one concludes on a mentally, though not so physically productive note. Let's keep this up!

No comments: