Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Day 1.5 12/22/07 Have car; will travel

Saturdays can’t count against me in my ticking clock of unemployment. I spent the majority of day 2 in the car. The wonderful ride through the English countryside was full of sun and glistening snow. Ok, actually it was a drive from MN to Chicago full of rain and fog. We felt like we were wearing dirty contacts throughout the grey and murky drive. How was stayed awake the entire ride, I just don't know. We passed by small town after small town, with a short stop in Mausten and another short stop in Kenosha. Two tolls and 2.75 later we arrive at our destination. Excited to come in from out in the fog we started in with holiday traditions of baking and frosting cookies. Some were "art deco", mine were super coordinated and I'm sure will be the most appealing to the family. I never knew how much I enjoy the big crystal sugar sprinklers or making candy canes out of cookies. Day 2 I seem to be enjoying the traditions of life and taking it all in. I sit here and type and wonder about day 3 though. I still feel like I'm on vacation and this bubble will soon burst. If it bursts today I think all that will empty out will be a bunch of frosting. Yum! Eat me!

No comments: