Sunday, March 23, 2008

Day 65 3/21/08 Snow Day USA

Remember when you were a child and you’d take long adventurous walks in the snow? Can you remember the sound your moon boots made when they were just too heavy to lift off the ground? They’d drag out a “thunk thunk thunk” and make that classic plastic skimming cement noise? Ah, brings me back to the snowstorm of 1990, but that is a story for another day. . I sometimes feel that life should stop when I go to sleep so I’m startled when awake to the white covering. 3 plush inches of thick sticky white stuff landed on our laps, yards, roads and cars this morning Time didn’t stop while I slept and the sun gives way to a crisp view of my backyard. It was covered in snow, along with the roof, the road and the sidewalk of my house as well as everyone else’s. Seldom black streaks of road creep in an out of this Ansel Adams moment. It’s time to grab the camera and go exploring. I’ve granted myself a “snow day” from the job search, released myself from the guilt of not having a job. Today I’m an amateur photographer on a mission. My mission is to capture some of the beauty and wonder of this March Madness snowstorm

No comments: