Thursday, April 10, 2008

Day 75 4/4/08 Pasta, wine and caves oh my!

Happy 50th to my good friend, Kelly! He embraced the black wrapping paper, the big “Over the Hill” buttons and the pimped out wheelchair. I on the other hand embraced my youth, my younger years, the wine and my Pasta Arrabiata. The guest list ranged from my husband and I (late twenties) all the way through to the guest of honor (Fifty)! The conversations ebbed and flowed like the wine and laughter was heard through the restaurant. The birthday boy received a serenade form the “little Italian with the mandolin” and we all got a private tour of the Stillwater caves. Even having spent all of my life within 25 mile radios of the Stillwater Historic Caves, I’ve never been on a tour. All these years walking down Main Street and dining in little side restaurant I’ve never once wandered into the caves. The tour was informative and at times scary, but overall very interesting. It was a good history lesson and a curiosity that I never knew I had been now answered.

No comments: