Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Day 41 2/18/08 The day of the Bush

So, if I had worked at almost any other company, besides the Red Bulls eye, then I wouldn’t be blogging today. Most companies, including advertising agencies and all state employees have the day off. Luckily, however, my previous employer had no such vacation day so it is actually and officially day 41 of non employment. I feel like I’ve just had my 40th birthday bash and everyone left the party, the balloons popped, and reality is setting in. I’m not thirty anymore (figuratively, not literally) and I’m just down the block from fifty. I feel ok though. Maybe I shouldn’t, but maybe ignorance is bliss. It doesn’t really matter because in my book, today was a good day. I got to spend the afternoon shopping around (only spent $28 on a gift certificate and birthday gift) with my mother. I imagine there are millions of people that wish they could spend the afternoon that way. I imagine there are millions of people wishing they could simply have one more moment with a loved one. So, for that, and for today, I am grateful and take the time to acknowledge that. I also spent part of the evening job searching, for that I’m less excited, but still grateful. Bring it on Day 42.

No comments: