Friday, February 29, 2008

Day 49 2/28/09 Fiesta

Thursday we welcomed a dusting of snow. We also welcomed jammed up freeways, delayed commutes, cars in ditches, spinouts, and white knuckle driving. Who knew that so little snow could do so much damage. I had the pleasure of driving 20 miles n this nuisance, yet crippling snow and it wasn’t pretty. I sat in my car on one of the many ramps yesterday grateful that I didn’t have to do this every day. I was grateful, that for 90% of the winter I was able to avoid driving poor conditions and essentially avoid traffic altogether. I arrive at my friends, only a couple years shaved off my life just in time for tacos!!! Woo hoo! Fiesta! Tacos! Viva la carne! Top the tacos off with a margarita and a little Wii action and the night is complete. We shuffle away from our friend’s house, start the cars and scrape… and scrape… and scrape. All of the wonderful snow that sprinkled our cars on the way there has now frozen and wrapped our cars in a sheet of ice. Nice! After 5 minutes of solid scraping and grunting, we all head homeward. Fortunately for me, one five by five patch, directly in my line of vision, has frozen and remains so until 2 miles from my house. Yep, I’m the lady contorted in the driver’s seat trying to navigate home through a small unfrozen portion of the windshield. Laugh at me, pass me, I don’t care because I’m just trying to make my way home. I arrive home safely, and once again thank goodness for not having to do it every day…yet

Spirits: Even Steven 2 beers, 2 margaritas
Miles walked: 1.3

No comments: