Thursday, April 10, 2008

Day 78 4/9/08 Ruined by wheat flour

I a slight attempt at health I substituted wheat flour for standard white flour when making cookies today. I do not recommend the substitution. My cookies were extra brown, harder to judge when done and flatter than usual. The overall taste was just subtle, however, slightly noticeable. I had to let them soak in milk an extra twenty seconds in order to drown out the wheat flour. After my experience I was wondering if it was worth it. Yes, I’d chosen flour higher in fiber and lower in empty calories, but as my friend put it, “when I want a cookie, I just want a cookie. I’d rather enjoy one good one than three healthier ones” Point noted and taken. I think next time I won’t be so healthfully ambitious and just make them the

No comments: